The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise that safety improvement works will be undertaken on the Centenary Highway between the Cunningham Highway interchange, Yamanto and the Augusta Parkway Interchange, Springfield Central.
These works are being undertaken to improve road safety for all road users.
- Works will commence mid February 2019 and be completed in late April 2019, construction and weather conditions permitting.
- Standard construction hours will be from 7pm to 5am, Sunday to Friday.
- Works will be undertaken at night for the safety of the work crew and road users and to minimise the impact to the road network.
Work will include:
- Installation of wide centre line treatment including audio tactile line marking
- Removal of redundant line marking
- Installation of signage.
- Changed traffic conditions may include reduced speed limits, lane or shoulder closures and minor delays.
- Traffic control and signage will be in place as required. Please allow extra time when planning your travel.
- Nearby residents/businesses may experience short term impacts, including noise, dust and lights from construction equipment and activities onsite.
TMR will distribute notifications to nearby residents and businesses before work begins. This notification will include information on the work and the contact details for the Project Team.
TMR appreciates your patience while these important works are being carried out and will make every effort to minimise disruptions throughout the duration of this project.
Upon completion, TMR officers will continue to review the site for up to three months. During this time TMR will assess the work undertaken for longevity and quality. In some cases TMR may need to request further work at the location to rectify any defects.
- For more information on this work, please contact the Project Team by emailing email@example.com or calling 3066 4338 during business hours.