**NEW STAGE 1 RESTRICTIONS **
New Stage 1 restrictions on social gatherings, to be reviewed on a monthly basis.
• Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
• Gyms and indoor sporting venues
• Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
• Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
• Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies)
• Isolated remote community hubs are not included in these restrictions.
Enhanced measures build on existing measures to slow the virus:
• No non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people outside or more than 100 people inside.
• All non-essential indoor gatherings of less than 100 people must have no more than one person per 4sqm. All Australians should expect their local businesses to be following this rule.
• Where possible, keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others
• Avoid non-essential travel
• Restrictions on entering aged care homes to protect older Australians
It was agreed by the National Cabinet that children should go to school today.
If parents choose to keep their children home from school, parents must be responsible for the conduct of the children and to ensure they adhere to the social distancing arrangements in place.
Schools will be encouraged to provide access to online and distance learning.
As always, practicing good hygiene and keeping a healthy physical distance between individuals is our most powerful weapon in fighting this virus and saving lives.
The failure of some businesses and members of the public to do this puts people’s lives at risk.